“Skidder” Panel Bridges
Alternative to Timber Mat Bridges
- Developed as a more durable, engineered alternative to timber mat bridges. Originally intended for timber skidding operations, but suitable for any shorter span/shorter duration/low traffic volume application where timber mats might otherwise be used.
- Typically fabricated to order with a variety of options/specs to choose from. Can offer a lower price point than the hinged and hybrid bridges, depending on the options selected.
- Consist of two half-width x full-length steel framed panels with (optional) guardrail and timber deck pre-installed. Panels are butted together and two threaded rods can be inserted to provide a nominal connection between the panels.
- Feature tapered ends, heavy-duty towbars, and additional reinforcing to withstand the rigors of installation at multiple sites and to facilitate handling with excavating/forestry equipment. Bridges can be “skidded” [pushed/pulled] for significant distances.
- Typical configurations & options [others available upon request]:
- Panel Widths – 5’, 6’, & 7’.
- Lengths – 20’, 25’, & 30’.
- Capacities – 15-ton [“skidder”] & 45-ton [“truck”].
- Guardrail – optional 3.5” OD pipe guardrail system.
- Finish – bare steel, prime painted only, or primer’d & topcoated.
- Deck – optional white oak plank deck system [or customer can furnish/install their own timber decking].